Um - this is a complete and utter joke! Unbelievable! I can’t believe I live in such a backward country sometimes…
Article 19, Section 1 of the Arkansas State Constitution reads,
1. Atheists disqualified from holding office or testifying as witness.
No person who denies the being of God shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as witness in any Court.
The same is true for six other states (Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Texas, South Carolina, Maryland, and Tennessee).
Good thing I never really wanted to be King of Arkansas anyway (they have a king, right?).
- greatestmyth reblogged this from tatrtotz
- cleaningitup reblogged this from tatrtotz and added:
- mcmutt likes this
- progressively-liberal reblogged this from godless-apostate and added:
- godless-apostate reblogged this from tatrtotz
- inlovewithdarcy reblogged this from tatrtotz and added:
- veggie-frenzee reblogged this from tatrtotz
- jennifergandara reblogged this from tatrtotz and added:
- jennifergandara likes this
- foolorpharaoh likes this
- tatrtotz posted this